Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WLANFE- 642-582- anybody done it? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp

Technical User
Jul 19, 2001
Hi,
I am looking into doing the wireless test. Any useful information such as sample test questions, recommended study materials????
I mainly work with 350 bridges, which I will soon be replacing with 1300s. They are used in a processor control environment, to link remote equipment to the control system.

Brian

I am also studying for both wireless certs. We purchased the package from KnowledgeNet, but am waiting for version 4.0 to ship. Include many changes and additionals, i.e. 802.11g, European specs, etc....

Still haven't came across a textbook which relates directly to the cert.

I did it. I took the class and then took the class. I used boson study tests. It was really an easy test. Know your channel spectrums for b and a. Also know limitations of access points and bridges. Lots of AP1300 configuration questions and some bridge configurations. BOSON test hit on all the relavent material. Good luck.

I did it. I took the class and then took the test and passed with a 916. I used boson study tests. It was really an easy test. Know your channel spectrums for b and a. Also know limitations of access points and bridges. Lots of AP1300 configuration questions and some bridge configurations. BOSON test hit on all the relavent material. Good luck.

Does anybody know a good book for this exam. Were there any simulation on the exam?

I used cisco press 802.11b wireless lan fundamentals and the boson tests for this exam. i took the design one but i hear the support exam is almost identical just more configs.

Lui3
CCNP,CCDA,A+/Net+
Cisco Wireless Specialization

Thanks for the info,

Brian

Hey,

can you please tell me the name of the author for the cisco press book that you mentioned. ISBN number would work too.
thanks

sure

802.11 Wireless LAN fundamentals, ISBN 1587050773

Lui3
CCNP,CCDA,A+/Net+
Cisco Wireless Specialization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back