Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Witness or Verint

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglebowski

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
GB
Is anyone concerned about where the witness product line is going and how it will be supported now that verint own Witness???

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

biglebowski,

i think it's obvious that verint doesn't have any resources to develop both product lines in the long term, and considering that verint's own product seems to be much stronger than witness, i do think witness days are counted now. well of course they will say that both products will be supported and developed but i strongly doubt it. first they will stall development, then they will stop bugfixing and finally all support will stop. that's my opinion.

Hi All,

I am a new poster to this forum... but thought I'd chuck in my t'pence worth in

I believe that the reason that Verint bought Witness was two fold; the Avaya/Cisco relationship and WFM both of which Verint didn't have.

Although there is some overlap, Witness products have features that Verint don't and retro-fitting proprietary protocols into the Verint product. One of the key benefits of buying Witness was the integration expertise and the WFO suite. If they binned the Witness recorders and QM, they'd be back where Nice and Verint were, playing catchup.

Yes, I think Verint and Witness have too many QM/CR product lines, but which ones will be cut, that is a difficult call.

BAC42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back