Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

with which port will pbx interface Fxo on router for connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

oluwasola01

Technical User
Mar 10, 2011
NG
I have a seimen pbx and cisco router 2911 with vic2-2fxo port. Which port on the pbx can interface with the fxo port on the router for me to create a trunk between the pbx and the router.

You will need an FXS port on the PBX side. That would an analog station port and not a analog trunk port.

E&M port for trunk port i thought ?

We must go always forward, not backward
always up, not down and always twirling twirling towards infinity.

I don't understand your question. Please elaborate.

Yes, you need FXS ports (extension) of PBX to connected with router's FXO ports;

FXS only can be connected with FXO ports, anD FXO also only can connected with FXS ports;

i had some connectivity between Panasonic PBX and Cisco Voip system(with router 2911) in one branch but i don't know exactly about configuration because another company do that for us,
but they connect an E1 cart of Panasonic to router module (vwic2-2mft-e1/t1) and you can connect to another system with dial one number before your extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back