Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wise language problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak008

Programmer
Jan 10, 2005
CA
When a user start my install, my installer ask for a language ( french or english). At the end of my script i have to copy a file depend on wich language he chose at the beggining. Is there anway i can do this. Any var that contain the language i chose ? I use Install Master 8.12
Only want to know wich var i put in my if ....=english then

In wise installer, the wise.ini file located in C:\windows contains Settings section under which u have the langlist.
This langlist is modified when u chage the .wsi scripts. if a custom action is written which reads the ini file and then depending upon the selection it installs the required the language file then the problem can be solved.

I am trying to solve it out, and will update u on this.

cheers...[idea]

Saurabh Kumar, HP GDIC, Bangalore

Thx, but i found another way of doing what i want. In each script (language script) u can make different shortcut so i create a shortcut in my %MAINDIR% call fr.lang or en.lang and check wich one exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back