Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wiring a G350 Media Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenT983

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
US
I am going to be installing a G350 Media Gateway and the customer would like all the ext run back to a Patch Panel in the wiring closet. I have a cat5 patch panel but didn't know how I should punch the wires in (i.e. T568B or USOC standard) for the voice lines. They will be using 2410 Telephones and the G350 will have 2 MM711 and 1 MM712 modules in it. I will be doing the wiring on 5/16/06 any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Allen

You need to wire the pins 4/5 thats blue/with on the panel.
And you will use the T568B.

But the G350 is 19inch and the MM711 and MM712 is already patchable, why are you setting these on a patchpanel?

Greets Peter

The customer is requesting a patch panel and designating which ports they want for voice and which ports they want for data. If I understand you right I need to wire everything to the T568B standard correct.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back