Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WirelessInternet-Laptop-Router-Xbox & Laptop (Internet Sharing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsolorzano

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
US
I have a wireless internet connection were i live. Still i wish to connect my xbox to play Live. My idea was to connect to my wireless internet then connect the laptop to a router through Ehternet(LAN) and share my internet connection with my Xbox this hasnt even work trying to share my internet with another laptob through the router. I also have a bridge whicth i was going to use to connect my Xbox to the internet connection, but the internet connection works by opening a web browser page and entering a code i have everymonth which then gives me complete access to the internet.

At home we have a wireless router that the internet feeds into and into the router we had the Playstation 2 ethernet cable and my desktop computer. The playstation, desktop, and laptop all had access to the internet. I think that maybe your setup needs to be redone. You need to set up internet into wireless router (one that can has numerous ports) and then out to the x-box. The laptop will connect thru the wireless antenae.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back