Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless WEP Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelboy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2007
GB
Hi,
I’ve been asked by my work to setup a small wireless system for them.
They want people with laptops to be issued with a WEP key that will allow them internet access for 1 hour then the key should expire so they can't carry on using the internet.
So basically they want the WEP keys to keep changing so they can issue them to new people.
Any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks

I have not heard of a utility that will change the wep key every hour, check with the router manufacture. You could allow wireless access via mac address of pc's and set dhcp to expire after one hour, then the available scope would become available for others to access? Not sure of the intent of only allowing 1 hour of internet?
You may be able to write a script that will enact the key change on an hourly basis. Check out this material for further methods to restrict access:

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back