Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyValentine

Vendor
Sep 15, 2005
US
Looking for some insight... My customer doesn't want to go with Spectralink phones and I've tried to talk to him about the 9631's.. But he doesn't want to go with a phone that's close to or is discontinued... Is there any other wireless solutions that will give my customer the same functionality as the phones above????

You could try Ascom. They make a couple of models, DT620 and the Medic 9p23. The initial investment is rather steep and you will need to purchase a radio exchange cabinet which is basically a mini PBX. This ties to your Avaya PBX via line side T1 boards or if you have really deep pockets, digital boards. The phones operate in the 1.9GHz range and require their own antenna system.

Get more info at:

We also use the Spectralink WiFi cordless phones and found them to be 40% cheaper than the Ascom phones. They also don't need a separate antenna system. Good luck.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back