Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Setup wizard without pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazz

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I need a way for users to setup a wireless connection without having to visit there house. I have used the wireless network setup wizard which does the trick. I can save the config to a pen drive and the users take a pen drive home, plug it into there laptop, run the file and there home laptop can connect to a works provided/configured router. However, I would like this as a stand alone script or exe file but if run off a pc it returns an error saying this pc is part of a domain. I need to take the pen drive out of the process. Any ideas?

Thanks

Wireless networks by design are not scriptable as the configuration of the security would be a breach in security.

That said, if you have a configuration file that you can manually import then you should be able to automate the import provided you can manually do the process with just the keyboard.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back