Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolbox212121

Technical User
Nov 18, 2010
US
I'm not sure this is the right form to post in but I'm looking to extend a serial connection with a wireless connection. One end would be a RS232 interface to a device (Large LED Board) and the other end is a modem. The modem is connected to a phone line and a terminal program dials it to update the board. We recently had a phone line cut and it isn't cost effective to run a new line. I'm looking for a straight line distance of about 25 to 35 feet. Would the link below work for what I need? Any help is much appreciated.

The device would likely work just fine. If the link would be outside, you would need to install an external antenna. One concern/question I would ask the vendor is if the pair can be configured without the configuration utility, which is another $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back