Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless router and internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citt1

MIS
Sep 17, 2003
US
I am looking to share internet with my neighbors and have a few questions. If I have 2 wireless routers in my house can they interfere with each other? They will both be facing in the same direction out two different windows on the same side of the house.

Also, Linksys came out with some technolgy with SRX, does it help my neighbor with signal strength if they do not have a wireless SRX card?

Thank you. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Most people want to STOP others using their networks !!!!

You WANT to give access?? OK !!

The first question is. to JUST them or anyone/everyone ??

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

Just to these people. I will use MAC address access and some form of encryption. Thanks.

Make sure you have your PC's all protected with Firewall's, be careful about any sharing you are using, otherwise your neighbor will be able to browse through the info on your PC. By the way, you are probably breaking your agreement with your broadband provider. Why don't you just run a coax cable over to to share your cable?

Dan

No, the routers should show up as two access points. Correct me if I'm wrong on that, fellow forum members. The Linksys SRX is a SuperG or a pre-N? I'm a Netgear fan and am not familiar with Linksys stuff. I had problems with their products several years ago. If your neighbor has a G or a B card, the specs for their card will govern their connection speed, but the signal strength should be better getting it from the SRX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back