Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wireless network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdublu

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
US
i have 4 pc's in my wireless network all running XP Home. they all used to have access to my base station printer but now they can't because the base station can't find them. i've tried a few things in the "windows setup a wireless home network" and "network places" and other programs but my base station won't find any of the other pc's. it used to with no problems. my wireless laptop downstairs can find the wireless laptop in my daughters room which has a printer connected to and is configured for networking and the 2 laptops can find the wireless desktop workstation in my sons bedroom but they can't find the main base station in my room and it can't find them.
any ideas what to do so they'll all find my basestation and it will find them again?
thanks, Jim

Try your machine from "Safe Mode with Networking" see if there is any connection to the Network?

Sometimes recent updates or a Firewall, or other Security type programs including Virus Scanners with hidden Firewall components can cause problems.

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2

How to troubleshoot TCP/IP connectivity with Windows XP

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems

Building A Wireless Home Network with Windows XP

Windows XP Wireless User Guide

WinXP Connectivity Issues
faq779-4625

Ensure that the workgroup name is the same on all machines & that file & printer sharing is switched on, on the base station.
Temporarily turn off your firewall, to see if that fixes it. If so, you need to reconfigure your firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back