Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wireless network kills wireless mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

askIllustrator

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
DE
I have a Netgear 54Mbps Wireless PCI adapter. As soon as I get it to connect, my wireless logitech mouse stops working. Any ideas?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Does your mouse have a "freq1" and "freq2" on the bottom? You have to change the mouse and the receiver.

nope, its their first generation mouse so no switch.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Have you tried changing the channel used by your network?

Andy.

How close is your PCI adapter to the wireless mouse receiver?

No I have not tried changing the channel on the wireless network. That sounds like a good idea though, I'll let you know what happens.

I had this same exact mouse and card in my old machine (just upgraded) and never had the conflict and any distance. The mouse receiver is sitting right next to my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back