Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless modules for custom data link, OOK or ASK modulation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundhog1

Technical User
Feb 16, 2004
US
Has anyone had experience with these little modules that you can purchase?? My situation is explained below.

I need to set up a wireless data link on some data collection circuits. THe data is collected and then I need to transmit the data (which is a velocity number) to a remote display. The sensor will have the transmit module and the display will have the receive module. These are commonly used in products to send small amounts of data. Examples are remote digital thermometers, or keychain auto alarm controls (key fobs).

It looks like I can use 418 MHz or 916.5 MHz. I like the 916.5 MHz better so far because the FCC has a funky rule where I can't transmit more than once every 10 seconds withe the 418 frequency.

Also, the 916.5 MHz looks like it is accepted in Europe pretty well... I think. It is hard to tell since it is difficult to determine other countries rules. Not much published info that is easily had. I would appriciate any info or opinions on this topic if you happen to know anything.

The current brands I am looking at are the Liapac TLP916A transmit module and the RLP916A recieve module for 916.5 MHz. THey also have a 315, 418, and 433.92 MHz models.

There is also Linx TXM-418-LC and RXM-418-LC at 418 MHz

And Rayming TX-99 and RX-99.

Are these reliable products or are they flaky?
Are there other brands that I am missing or should look at?
Is Liapac the real source for these things, or is there a cheaper source ( I called up some place in Canada that seemed like a distributor).

Thanks for reading my post....
groundhog1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back