Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Media Adapter WMA11B .NET Framework Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcunninghamsc

Technical User
Apr 22, 2004
US
Hi All,

I've been trying to resolve this issue for some time now. I have a Linksys Wireless Media Adapter (WMA11B). It uses a Media Adapter Utility (software based on .NET Framework 1.0) to handle where it gets media from. It worked great until I let Windows Update install .NET Framework 1.1. Then it would not start and I received an error message.

Working with Linksys (non) support: They instructed me to uninstall both .NET 1.0 and 1.1 and reinstall .NET 1.0. This solved the issue until recently. I upgraded Norton Ghost (9.0) which now requires .Net Framework 1.1.

Linksys says they'll forward my issue to their developers but have no idea if/when the media adapter utility will be upgraded.

Microsoft says that .NET 1.0 and 1.1 can both be installed and if the media adapter utility was written correctly, it would select .NET 1.0 to run with.

Anyone have a solution to this? Is there a way to force an app to run on .NET 1.0?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back