Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless laptops and 2008 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

teza

Technical User
May 29, 2001
GB
Hi everyone,
I work in school and have recently installed a 2008 64 bits server (not R2) and put 2008 64 bit SQL on to it. This is for a SIMS database which we use in school. The server replaced a 2003 server with SQL 2005 (both x32). Everything worked fine with this.

We had to upgrade our SIMS and so had the opportunity to put the new server in. The new server works fine. The actual problems is that laptops attaching wirelessly to the server keep having the drive that is mapped to the 2008 server 'dropped'. The wire;ss laptops stay on the domain and still have drives mapped to other 2003 servers. The laptops are runing XP Pro. The WAP they connect to is CISCO

I've looked through the firewall settings and all seem to be ok (but I've not done a 2008 server course yet). The settings in Network + sharing places seem to be right too, although I can't change discovery from 'custom'.

So have any of you had something similar you could point me towards. Or better - have any of you who got or done a server 08 course know what I need to do to rectify?

cheers
Teza

--------------------
A+ N+ MCP, MCSA 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back