Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkshankarg

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2005
AU
Hi,

I am living in a multi-storeyed apartments. In one particular place in my apartment, I receive a Wireless signal when I switch on my Wireless LAN. I do not have wireless LAN connection with me. But I receive a signal at a particular location. It says "Unsecured wireless Network". When I press the connect button, my laptop connects to the network and I am able to browse the internet. My question is how this is possible. Am I connecting to a another subscriber Wireless Network. Will it create any problem for me in future, if I use this network.

Thanks guys.

If you are using a Wireless LAN without permission of the subscriber you run the risk of prosecution under the relevant laws for your country of residence. thread730-1088645 discusses the first proscecution for this in the UK.

TazUk

[pc] Blue-screening PCs since 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back