Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless K/B & mouse freezes PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinC77

Technical User
Jul 16, 2001
US
I have a Dell Optiplex PC with 1 Gb Ram & Intel 3.4Gb proc, I've been using it with a Microsoft wireless K/B & mouse. Every day or so, the PC freezes up - mouse & KB unresponsive, cannot be re-energized & cannot be shut down orderly- must power cycle the box. Has anyone run up against this problem? Event log shows no unusual entries- only normal startup entries.
Chuck

Next time it happens try plugging in a regular PS2 keyboard and see if you get any response from it. If not, I would start with making sure that the fan on the CPU is running.

As Rockmonster says, you could try a normal PS2 mouse at the same time, just have it sat somewhere plugged in ready for the freeze and see if it is indeed JUST the wireless that's non responsive OR the whole PC.
Could help to eliminate these items.

PS
You would also be advised to download and use the lastest Mouseware and Intellipoint software drivers from Microsoft site.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back