Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIRELESS HEADSETS- YES/NO???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoneGURU

Technical User
Nov 12, 2004
CA
Hey LADS/GENTS,
Have a customer asking for Wireless headset. They have NORSTAR CICS 4.2 and CP100 2.0. They don't need it for long range. Most of the Interconnects I talk with don't recommend them, in fact, one guy stated "tell your customer to go elswhere because the money your gonna make isn't worth the service calls after"...
I was just looking for some advise from you folks. I'm in frigid Canada, is there a specific make or model that should be used? Are they worth the heafty price? Or is this customer going to be calling me every day complaining of all the issues?
Thanks again...

Call Plantronics. Tell them your application. I usually warn my customer they should get just one. Try it and see if they think it is worth it. If they like it get more. I have used it. They seem to work fine if you are local to the phone. So you can choose lines, intercom etc. You cannot dial with ahead set. You can basically answer and hang up. Good luck. P.S. I am not an expert like most folks on this sight I am just sharing my opinion

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Hi ThePhoneGURU I just installed 4 Plantronics CS50 with lifters on T7316E sets, the customer loves them, they there no good for a reception position because you have to go back to your desk to transfer a call, but the headsets works good it comes with two different headbands & some ear loops.

I agree with telaphoneguy, the cs50 works great! good clarity and long range. The customer I have using it, loves it. My supplier says u can put 20 in an office.

waynet@silverlakecom.com

Definately go with a lifter on wireless headsets though.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Wireless headsets still defeats the purpose of wireless headsets. You have to go back to your phone to place the call on hold. Its like a very long cord.

Might as well get a 7406 with a headset.

NTL555

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back