Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Headsets for NEC Desk Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

startech123

Technical User
May 27, 2014
US
I have a request from a customer to provide "Bluetooth" headset capability for two or more (NEC) IP4WW-24TXH telephones. Thus far, my research indicates that I could probably use a Plantronics Voyager Legend CS headset, with an electronic hook switch cable instead of a handset lifter. However, this looks like an pretty expensive investment for each headset. So I was wondering if anyone has anyone used this particular configuration, and if so, what were the results. Were there any "bugs"? Does anyone know of a different or better solution?

It appears that you have an NEC SL1100 system. Those phones use a wireless headset adaptor + a plantronics CS55/540 headset. They do not need a handset lifter.

Thank you for the information belevedere. The CS 540 headset appears to be cheaper that the Legend model, and I'm sure they will appreciate the cost saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back