Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wireless conferencing speaker phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

noirster

Programmer
Nov 17, 2003
US
We're looking for a wireless speaker phone used for conferencing for our Merlin Legend R.7. It would has all the capability of conferencing on a regular Merlin Legend phone (BIS/MLX). Any suggestion? (ClearOne? Polycom?)

Thanks!

why wireless? I am not aware of a quality wireless speaker phone being made.

we want to be able to put it on a meeting/conference table without any cable attached. but is there a decent wired conferencing phone that you would recommend?

Oh. Forgot to mention. If you are trying to use a speakerphone on a digital line vs an analog line you wouldn't be able to use the above mentioned model unless you get an adaptor.

Thanks Frood!

By analog line, were you referring to the PBX analog (ATL?) port or the T/R port out of the 012 module?

You would determine analog by the way you setup the network wiring. If a MLX phone works on the connection you plan on using it's what I was referring to as digital. If you can plug a normal telephone and get dial tone it's setup for analog.

If you end up getting that wireless speakerphone let us know how it turned out. :)

sure will! but the wireless soundstation won't come out til july 04. i might try the wired one first.

again, thanks for your suggestions.

We are using the Clear One wireless Conference phone on our Magix. It is on a TR port.

The clarity is excellent and allows upto 100 feet of movement within our office.

thanks ve3slw.
can you get multi-line to work on the TR port?

Yes multiline works.
The conference phone has a flash button for this.

One pitfall however with this particular model is ringing.
The Magix does not generate sufficient Ringing voltage.
If you call the Conference phone then you won't here the ring.

Normally however if the conference call is originated at your site then all will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back