Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Bridge: Point-to-Point network

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPUJockey

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2002
US
The following is ment as a thank you to the posters on this site. I've only posted today, but regularly use info gleened from this site.

Last year I set up two wireless bridges using Proxim/Ageres/Lucent/Whatever-they-call-themselves-this-week Point to Point kits (I am NOT an agent or rep of this company, nor do I sell its products or services, nor am I looking for another job - I've got too many as it is!). This kit is the Orinoco which is now replace by the Tsunami Line.

The link below is to my "log book" (pics included) of the steps, mistakes, and successes involved in the installation. Both connections have been operating for over a year. One (#2 bridge) without being down at all, the other (#1 bridge) has been down twice: once due to contruction near the antenna (arc welding - caused all sorts of problems all over the building besides my bridge), the other by a brown out in the building (again, affected things other than the bridge).

As I see little information on this subject, I figured I would post it as it might help someone else. Any comments/recommendations for improvement are always appreciated.

If you've ever posted helpful reply in the Cisco or NT 4 forums: THANK YOU!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back