Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless activesync to connect Outlook to Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmendes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Hello,
I have been using my Mobile 6 device and activesync to wirelessly synch with my Exchange server wihout any problems. What I would like to do is sync Outlook on my laptop while I am on the road in the same mannor.

Is there a utility or connector or something that I can install onto my laptop to allow Outlook to sync with Exchange just like my phone does? I am aware of OWA and RCP over HTTP, but it sure would be nice to be able to avoid the extra server services that would need to be installed for RCP and just use the mobile access that is already working on my Exchange server. Any ideas?

Thanks

You only have to install one extra service for RPC over HTTPS. It's really the best, most secure way to do it.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back