Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wiping a config file for a new site 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3rm3y

Technical User
May 18, 2017
GB
hi, hopefully a simple one, a customer moved to a cloud hosted service, they powered off and boxed up the kit, but we didnt want it back, only the sd card.
We want to use this card on another system (it was upgraded from 8 to 11) but we dont want the old customers details left behind, can we delete the config.cfg ? will the systme boot up and create a blank config wit hthe xml /licences still present/?

On R11 there is a .xml file that contains the licenses named PLDSKeys.xml in the primary folder of your SD card. I would back that up so you have the license file needed. After that you can default the system and program it from scratch.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

ok, i have the file, so the only way is to plug the sd card into the avaya chassis to default it? deleting the config.cfg wont do anything? the security settings i assume are part of the chassis and not held on the sd card anywhere are they?

Fire it up and pull the old config, pull the PLDSkeys.xml if it is R10+

Now in Manager, File > Advanced > Erase Configuration (Default) to erase the system.

When it comes back up, it is like a new, unlicensed system. You set the mode to Standard, save the config and reboot. Now you can program from scratch, add back the licenses from the previous config (ADI) or the PLDSkeys.xml file (PLDS). I would also reset the security settings and start over there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back