Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinXP SP2 reboot when receive RDP connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbacchin

MIS
Feb 18, 2006
BR
Hi Folks,

I've an Windows XP SP2 machine wich reboots every time i start an RDP session on it.
The only event is the savedump 1001 :

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x80505714, 0xed6683f0, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini092706-05.dmp.

I've already search the MS KB, with no luck....

You can turn off "automatically restart after an error" so it will just halt at the fault and display the full Stop Error and blue screen. Hopefully it will mention the particular Driver (.sys file) that is causing your problem.

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties .
On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery .
Click to clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure , and then click OK . The error message on a blue screen should remain on the screen so you can record the full error information.

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

The automatically restart is already turned off, but it keeping restarting without showing any blue screen .

I used the sigverif and it return a lot of unsigned drivers, i will try to disable them and will test the RDP again, then i post the results...

Thanks in advice

Fbacchin

You could try also turning off Automatic Restart from the Safe Mode Boot Options screen if you are running SP2.

While your there you could also see if the crash occurs running in Safe Mode with Networking.

Hi,

I´ve removed all unsigned drivers from c:\windows\system32\drivers folder, but it keeping restating...

After analyze the crash dump file in WinDbg, I found the driver wich is causing the problem : awvid5.dll , file version = 10.5.0.470 .

It is a component from pcAnywhere by Symantec.
Then i removed and installed the new version of the software and then, finaly, the unexpectly restarts with RDP sessions stops.

Linney, thank you very much for your help.

Fbacchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back