Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinXP Remote Desktop Privacy Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbalz

Technical User
Jul 28, 2004
US
Hey everybody, I'm new here.

I've recently started using remote desktop connection to connect to my home computer. My question isn't so much regarding security as I am not worried about somebody hacking my computer or anything. I am more curious about whether or not remote actions can be tracked locally.

If I am on say a network away from my home computer (network A), and I connect to my home computer via Remote Desktop (network B, home), can the admistrators on the 'network A' see what I am actually DOING on 'network b'? Or can they ONLY see that I am connected to that ip address.

I ran a netstat while running RD and saw that I personally can only see one port established to my home IP address but nothing more.

Are there any tracking methods through that remote computer? Cookies? Firewall stuff? etc?

Thanks

-zbalz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back