Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

winxp pro issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarys

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2002
US
Yes issues. I have two WinXP Pro PCs networked together in a workgroup environment. BoxA can see and access shares on BoxB via My Network Places. BoxA can only see BoxB when "View Workgroup Computers" is opened. I can ping both ways. I can see IM user from BoxB while on BoxA.

That said,I can only see local shares while in "My Network Places" on BoxB. I get an error message when I click on "View Workgroup Computers". I can surf the web from both computers.

There are a lot of COM+ errors in Event Viewer on BoxB. Microsoft Messenger will not load on BoxB at boot or if I try to open it manually. I can see BoxA when I do a computer search on BoxB.

Verified that computer browser is running on BoxB. Both systems were working fine until yesterday. There are no known network setting changes to network configs or NIC on both systems.

I beleive the COM+ errors, the Microsoft Messenger issue, and the fact I can not browse or see remote system shares are related. Any/all suggestions are welcomed. As always,thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back