Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

winxp ics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjpetrucelli

Programmer
Dec 5, 2003
US
i have a dw6000 modem that uses dhcp and takes the address 192.168.0.1 I want to enable ICS for another connection so i need to change the ip that ics uses. I hear this can be done in the registry but i see no clear labels in the reg for winxp?

Why do you want to change the IP adress it assigned. Are you setting up another computer that your changing to be the ICS server? If so then disable ICS in the one PC and add to the other. Not sure why you would want to change the IP address.

According to a website the following is stated about XP ICS

However, XP ICS is missing some features of those earlier versions. You can't disable the DHCP server, change the server computer's IP address, or change the range of addresses allocated by the DHCP server.

With that said it sounds like if you have an earlier version of Windows use that as your ICS if you want to change the IP. I hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back