Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinXP computer after joining SBS03 R2, can not access outside resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwittenbrink

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2005
US
This is a strange problem I am having. I migrated a SBS4.0 (Yes it was a NT server), to SBS03 R2. The migration went as smooth as you would expect a migration of this sort to go.

One of the snags was changing the Internal DNS from .org to .local, which was done. This workstation was joined to the 4.0 domain to the new SBS03R2 AD. After the move the workstation could not access the Internet. All other workstations can.

I removed this workstation from the domain, and tested the Internet with success. I re-joined (using Connectcomputer) it to the domain and still can not get out to the Internet.

We do not have ISA installed, and I believe that it has to be something with SBS03.

Workstation IP is DHCP, and receives DNS from the SBS server. There are only 11 workstation and there are 15 CALs installed.

Has anyone had this issue before, or am I not seeing something?

Thanks.

first, what OS is the workstation running.

You could also try using the tracert command on the workstation to see how far the internet request goes. for example, c:\tracert if you are not familiar with the tracert command, it will show you each router or gateway the workstation has to go through to get to the destination.

One more thing, what type of firewall are you using to separate the network from the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back