Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

winword.exe high cpu, can't kill

Status
Not open for further replies.

giaccotto

Technical User
Jan 17, 2001
NL
Hi,

I'm using Windows 2000 Adv. server in Application mode (Terminal Server). I've also installed Office 2000 Professional. Now I have the problem that some winword.exe processes uses 70% processor time. I can't kill this process. After the user who's using this process logs off, the process still remains in the task manager! Also a scheduled reboot doesn't work anymore. I have to manualy reboot the server. Sometimes there are about 3 winword.exe processes active in the taskmanager with a result of 100% CPU time. Can someone help me with this problem?

Ruben Giaccotto

Our whole network is protected by Trend Micro. Mail, internet and files are realtime and scheduled scanned. This problem occurs on all of our 7 terminal servers on 4 locations. I won't say a virus is not possible, but it's not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back