Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WINSPM Central Telephone Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

YooperKen

Technical User
May 17, 2016
US
I'm trying to access Central Telephone Programming in WINSPM Standard but not having any luck finding the correct menu. Instructions that I've found tell me to select "Sys Program" from the SPM Main Menu, then select "More (PgUP)", which should then display "Cntr-Prg" as a menu option.

However, selecting "Sys Program" brings up a window that says "System Setup:" (screenshot attached), not System Programming.

Does WINSPM behave differently while the system is in use than during idle time? Or is there a problem with my WINSPM install and I need to uninstall/re-install?

Yooper-Ken

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=853ad4a2-0918-478c-bcba-d7ef4c210aa0&file=Sys_Program_WINSPM_Screen.JPG
Hit F5 start and it should show what you need to see.
Mike

When you hit Menu on the phone, you get 3 options, System Programming, Maintenance, and Extension Programming. When you press System Programming, you get an information screen, which says "Review and Start", it's actually commanding you to review the information on the screen, and press the Start button to continue

Once in the programming menu, there is a new System Programming button, for programming System parameters. Press the More button and you will then see Centralized Telephone Programming

Thank you - that was it! You'd think the AVAYA instructions would tell you to press "Start" and not the non-existent "Exit" button.

Got in, phone re-programmed. Again, thank you teletechman.

Yooper-Ken

Hello TouchToneTommy. Yes, that would explain that confusion. The system started out as a Legend upgraded to a Magix. But the documentation is still all for the Legend system. Thanks for that heads up. I'll have to check into available documentation downloads for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back