Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winsock1 licence not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryCrosby

Technical User
May 27, 2003
AU
Hello,
I'm using VB 6 on a W2000 PC. I've been given a small VB project and would like to compile and run the app but when I try to load the form I get the following error:

Cannot load control Winsock1; license not found.

I have added Microsoft Socket Control from the Project->Components menu and the little Icon appears in the toolbox but I still cannot open the form.

I've also noticed that I cannot add a winsock control to any form I try and create.

Anyone any ideas?

As you can probably tell it's been a while since I've used VB but I will need to use it quite heavily in the near future so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry

From what it sound like the Winsock1 control may be an aftermarket control??? The microsoft winsock control shouldn't have license protection but if someone altered it and packaged it into their own control then they could have added the license requirements.

When you create an activeX control you have the option of requiring a license file or .VBL file with the control so it can't be redistributed.

Check to make sure your component is to the Microsoft Winsock Control and not some third party.

Also you say yo are adding a reference to the socket control, instead of doing this maybe try adding the component to your toolbar.

Barry,

Which edition of Visual Basic 6 are you using? If you are using the learning edition, there are restrictions on quite which controls you may use.

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back