Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winsock 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushworld

Programmer
Aug 13, 2002
AU
Currently new to Visual Basic, and I am interested in developing some network features into my programming. I heard about an option in VB called Winsock, but I cannot find it.
My Question is how do you enable winsock control on visual basic 6.0 (development)?

If you are using VB6 professional or Enterprise versions, first make sure that you are upgradrd to SP5, then go to Project/Components/Controls and look for Microsoft Winsock Control. Filename is Mswinsck.ocx Let me know if this helps

'There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.'

First off I work on a German version, so I have to translate as I go....

You have to create a reference to winsock. Right-Click on the toolbox and choose components, then select Microsoft Winsock Control, ( MSWINSCK.OCX ).

There are alot of programms that you can explore at which should help along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back