Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winsock error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag53

Technical User
Mar 21, 2001
US
Winsock.dll error Could someone please advise how to fix this error. When dialing ISP provider, comes back with 'error loading winsock.dl'. The connections is unable to get established. The winsock.dll is on the hard drive, located under c:\windows, but not sure if it has to be associated with the software being used to dial out. I've tried uninstalling TCP/IP and reinstalled it again, deleted modem, and reinstalled, uninstalled the AT&T software and reinstalled, but still not able to make the connections. Not sure of the correct fix.
Thank you for any help you can give.

Start>Run>type in "sfc"(without quotes)>OK>select extract one file from installation disk>browse for winsock.dll and start. This should replace your corrupt file.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the tip. Didn't work. I even tried reinstalling the wsock32.dll into it's directory. Could the copy of the AT&T program that we have be causing the problem? I would have thought that reinstalling both the winsock and wsock32.dll's would have helped. Any other suggestions? We are waiting on a new copy of AT&T's program thinking maybe that old particular version was the problem. What do you think? Thank you again for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back