Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winsock (Error %d)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezie62

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
I have a client who has an MC3090 running WindowsCE, syncing to a WinXP PC.
When I get her to ActiveSync, it goes through just fine.
However, as soon as she enables Wireless on her handheld, then when she syncs, she gets this error:

"Communications error

"Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Winsock services could not start due to a critical error (Error %d).

"Please reconnect your device. If the problem persists see the troubleshooting section of Microsoft ActiveSync help."

I've had her do a hard reset of the handheld, I uninstalled ActiveSync, uninstall her comm ports, rebooted the pc (which automatically reinstalled the comm ports) reinstalled ActiveSync. Again, it synced fine until she enabled wireless on her handhelds.

I should note that I have other clients who have the same configuration and they are able to have wireless enable and also sync with ActiveSync with no problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Louise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back