Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winset 4 - Local Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dass2

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
GB
Hi,

I may aswell air all my Winset queries and see if anyone can answer them. Okay, I have installed Winset 4.0 on some PCs. To make it work, you need to pull the mini jack out of the back of the Winset and reconnect it, and on most occasions this works ok. However, on some winsets it will continually try to connect i.e. the dotted line is always going from the Pc to Winset. So, I uninstalled Winset 4.0, regressing to version 3.1, and same problem occurs i.e it continually tryes to connect the Winset. The only way to resolve this is to replace the Winset with another. Im sure this has something to do with firmware on the actual Winset becuase I have tried the dodgy Winset on several PCs, all running Winset 3.1 and the same problem occurs. Is their anyway to fix this winset?

Open a file named "Viperver" under your Winset folder using notepad. Clear the small amount of text in the file and then save it. You should now be able to log into your Winset Adapter. It may take a bit longer to initialize just this one time. Keep using 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back