Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

winscp to transfer files to the Call Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntTech50

Technical User
May 14, 2010
US
I want to use winscp to transfer files to the call server. Can anyone tell me what port and file protocol to use. Our switch is running on release 6.0

What files are you wanting to transfer to the Call Server? The Call server is usually patched with the MDP command in LD 143. I never knew of a reason to use winscp to transfer calls to the CS.

The call server is running on vxworks. winscp is used with operating systems such as linux and windows.

still what do you need to transfer to the CS? if its patches you can use Ele man or via the faceplate + (I think) PDT generally

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Thanks guys. I guess winscp is still a secret to many in the field. I have talked to Avaya support people that use it. I'll post the info when I find it. This is a great way to transfer patches and firmware files to the Call Server when you are not on site.

SFTP will be fine to get stuff onto the Linux base.

Trent Steenholdt

Systems Engineer
The University of Notre Dame Australia

-Great scott!

You can use either FTP (port 20/21) or SFTP (port 22) for transferring files to and from the call server on 6.0 or higher. FTP only for 5.5 and below. If you disabled insecure transfers on the 6.0 or higher call server then it's SFTP only. If you disable secure transfers, its FTP only. All I use it for is transferring loadware files to the call server. Its quicker than copying from the CF card to the loadware directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back