Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinRoute on DSL with DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmatheny

MIS
Nov 29, 2001
US
My setup is WinRoute Pro running on server, ISP provides DHCP. Problem is, when I reboot the server, because the DHCP info is downloaded before WinRoute kicks in, I get a lease. If after WinRoute is loaded I try to renew my lease (or my PC tries to renew it - ISP DHCP lease is set to 4 hrs) I cannot find the DHCP server. I have opened UDP ports 67 and 68 incoming, I have no rules for outbound traffic. When I try to renew my IP, I see in the WinRoute debug log queries for ports 67 and 68, and in the security log it shows them being permitted, but I cannot find the DHCP server to obtain the lease from. Are there other ports besides 67 and 68? Does anyone have a similar setup working? This really a pain, as after 4 hrs I lose my IP and have to shutdown WinRoute to obtain it, and fire it back up again. Along same lines, Black Ice won't let it get an address either - I have opened ports 67 and 68 and it still won't work. Help!!
Mike

I use Winroute Pro (but over dial-up) and for forwarding/routing, it works ok...are you trying to use it as a proxy/firewall on a server, or as a personal firewall on your PC ?

Jon. ----------------------------------------
To be is to do (Sartre)
To do is to be (Casmus)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
----------------------------------------

Well, fixed it. Removed it and deleted all reg entries and folders, reinstalled, same rules, works fine now. Took BID off, FW in WR works fine if rules are set up properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back