Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winoldap Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fathermurphy

Technical User
Aug 2, 2002
US
Hello All,

I have a client running windows98se, with all the updates.
They are running a DOS app. The system locks up at random, and at night when setting at the desktop, it locks up during a tape backup. Each time its WINOLDAP.EXE is not responding. The problem is, you can't do an end task on it, and are forced to do a hard boot. (Basically shut off computer and turn back on.)

I have read alot of things to try on the internet regarding this. Things like check the monitor settings are not set on default, putting a check mark in the dos shortcut to close program on exit. Update video,sound, and montior drivers. Before I try any of these things, I want to see if anyone here knows of anything to try to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Yeah I saw that tech article, but was wondering if anybody had more info besides what that tech article has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back