Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinNT MQSeries 5.1 Services question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johari

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2000
MY
Hi,

With MQSeries v5.1 Services on Windows NT server, I defined the Sender Channel to be started automatically. But, sometime when I checked thru the MQSeries services for channels status, it shows as 'STOPPED' whereas at the MQSeries EXplorer, the channels show as 'RUNNING'. And I still managed to send the data in/out with this situation. The server is running 24 hrs a day. Is the definition somewhere in the MQSeries Services or channels is not correct?

Any valuable help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

This could happen due to many reasons. I am going to assume faults related to the MQ Series Server. Check your Receiver Channel for its status, now since your sender channels seems to have according to you. Check the Error Logs for that Q Mgr.This can be found in <mq root>/qmgrs/<q mgr>/error/<log file>.

The reason that the NT MMC does not display the channel status is because it might have not been refreshed. So refresh or check for the channel status by right clicking on the channel and going to status.

A Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back