Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winn-Dixie EDI Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbow7

Programmer
Jan 20, 2003
US
Are any Winn-Dixie suppliers affected by their mandate to switch to icc.net's mailbox service by May 1st?!! What gives? Why such a short lead time; my company was notified beginning of April?...

We received this mandate also. We are passing the costs on to our sales dept.
They will be deducting the fee's from their market development funds.

We already have an EDI mailbox on ICC, so the mandate did not effect us all that much. ICC is so inexpensive compared to most other EDI VAN services, I would suggest you go ahead and sign up. Connections are easy to configure, usually ftp, and service is very good, better than I have ever seen with other VAN networks including IBM and Sterling Commerce.
The 832 Price Catalog is the other half of the Winn-Dixie mandate. They plan to use ICC as their repository. Basically, you send an 832 to ICC, ICC updates the Web catalog with the latest and greatest data for your products as you supply it. Not too complicated, don't know how that will benefit our company in the future, will wait and see.

I have just received information that WD is accepting AS2 connections that bypass the ICCNET directive for EDI Communications. Hasn't anyone brought this up yet.

I have heard that WD is accepting AS2 but we won't be AS2 ready by WD's May 1 deadline. WD is suggesting they will stop normal mailbox transmissions May 1. I can't find out if WD will dealy the deadline for AS2 implementation as they are not returning calls or e-mails.

I have also contacted WD's EDI department and have requested to go AS2 with them. They sent me a form to complete (AS2 name, etc. Which I will do today). As far as the 832 to them... they have not responded back to me when I asked specific questions about this process.

Does anyone have a "good" contact there?

We also received their May 1st mandate to switch to ICCNET back in mid-April. We offered to set them up on AS2 instead. They accepted our offer and we filled out their form and returned it before the end of April. We also offered to exchange 832's with them but their response to that was this document was still in the planning stages and they won't be ready until "sometime in the future". As of today (6/24) we aren't any closer to exchanging AS2 with them than we were 2 months ago. Haven't heard anything from them either. Phone calls and e-mails also go unanswered. This isn't the first time we've had problems of this nature with WD's EDI mandates to their vendors. Couldn't tell you if they are still transmitting thru our VAN service either since they transmit a low volume of documents. This doesn't seem to bother the higher-ups in my company because they placed WD on a credit hold earlier this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back