Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winmail.dat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanblc

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2003
US
I have a user who is sending emails to a Linux server. The user on the Linux end is receiving these attachments in Winmail.dat form. I know switching the email format to plain text is suppose to fix the problem, however in this case it isn't helping.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

How are you changing the format for the email? At the client end or the Exchange end.

Check in Exchange to make sure that it is not overriding what the client has choosen.

Go into System Manager and then check the properties of the Internet Message Format - Click on the Advanced tab and see if the message is determined by the user settings.

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

Thanks for the tips, but I found out the user had selected the check box on the individual contact that says - always send to this recipient in Microsoft rich-text format.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back