Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winmail.Dat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikek

MIS
Sep 15, 2003
US
I just had a question on disabling Winmail.dat files being sent to internet users. I have also try already to disable this feature in outlook itself. But it didn't work i have one user who get's mail forward to there Blackberry device. and any email with an attachment the file show's up as an winmail.dat. But if someone forwards that users an email using OWA it works fine and help is welcome.

Could you be more clear on what works and what does not, and what exactly did you do so far?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

This usually occurs when HTML componets are sent via plain text email. You may check for fonts, colors, etc. with in the senders email.

Try sending as plain text.

Regards

Scott

I changed the mail format option to send in this message format: plain text. Still the same problem user gets a winmail.dat file.

No there is no signature file. Only attachments like .doc, Xls and so on. So far I only disable send in plain text in outlook. Which still didn’t work the user is still getting winmail.dat files forward to there blackberry device. I just want to know is there an option to disable this in Exchange 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back