Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

winmail.dat 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamilou

MIS
Dec 16, 2006
CA
Hello,

i have a client who is receiving a winmail.dat instead of a word document in his mailbox. i explained to him that nothing is wrong with his Notes and the sender should change the RTF format in his configuration.

The client told me that the sender send the same mail to many people at the same time, and only him is receiving the winmail.dat.

any idea !!!!

Recurring problem. If the user is right, then maybe he should change the way his mailbox treats internet mail - there should be a setting in the User Preferences under Mail. Tweaking that might help.

If not, I've heard of a third-party application that whacks the winmail.dat issue, I think on the server side. If you are interested, I might be able to track it down.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back