Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winmail.dat problem OL2K - only 1 user

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieBlueEyes

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
A few weeks ago I started researching why one of the users on our network (W2K network; XPPro workstation)was having a problem with attachments she was sending being received as winmail.dat files. I learned a lot from your web site, in addition to checking links to the Windows knowledgebase. I made all the changes that were suggested, even changing from HTML to plain text. Not all of her attachments are received by everyone as winmail.dat files, but there is one very important person in particular that can't receive any .pdf or .doc files from her. Unfortunately, she must get these documents through to him via e-mail.

Right now we are having her send to someone else on our network to forward to that person, but why is she the only one having a problem? Everyone else is set for HTML and their attachments are received just fine.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what might be happening? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back