Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinForms stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesarg

Programmer
Sep 1, 2006
US
I have a WinForms project. I'd like to have a grid-like control (like the DataGridView) that can dynamically add and remove rows and have custom cell types.

However, instead of the cells having stuff that's LIKE comboboxes or LIKE pictureboxes, I want them to actually HAVE real, pure, genuine comboboxes or pictureboxes in them.

Is there an easy solution to this problem?

There's 3rd party components out there that do that.

I personally write my own custom controls that add other custom controls (rows) that contain the items that I need.

Yes, you typically need to buy a 3rd party control, or write your own, to get this functionality.

I've gotten good results from the Syncfusion grid control, but their competitor's (ComponentOne, Xceed, etc) controls will do this too.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back