Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winess 6.5 new install-cant login to eadmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

darneck13

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2010
US
We just installed 6.5 on a server and lost our Witness expert. We are unable to access the system administrator to set up the agents. how can I reset the eadmin password, or does anyone know what the install default is? I have tried 'password'. I do not know if there is a dependency we may be missing? Because 6.5 is unsupported,our vendor Verizon CCS will not help us install the software. Verint refuses to talk with us directly due to the fact our contract is with verizon...HELP

its not too hard to change providing you have access to the Witness Database. If you do, go into the Users table in there and you'll see the eadmin user. Just update the eadmin user with the password from one of the other users (providing you know some other passwords) as it is in the DB in it's encrypted form and reset the account as you will see the eadmin account will probably have the max passwords reached and be disabled if you've entered the wrong password a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back