Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows95 Boot Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

raaudia4

Technical User
Mar 1, 2002
US
cna anyone tell me how to make a windows '95 boot disk. I do not have the '95 OS installed on any system but I do have the disk. I would also like to know how to install the '95 OS on a compaq system with a scsi hard drive and scsi cd-rom. I have not been successful loading the drivers for the scsi cd-rom. Also can anyone tell me where to find a sanyo crd-254v scsi cd-rom driver.

thanx in advance

Depends on what you have.
You can download boot disks from several places or buy one off ebay. If I were in your position, I'd get a 98 boot disk since it has better cd support. It can be used to manipulate the 95 stuff except for the FAT32 which has some issues.
Do you have a scsi choice in your boot order setting? That would bypass all the problems.
And you may not need cd drivers once you get the OS loaded. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I didnt see that Ebay recommendation. There is absolutely no reason to purchase a boot disk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back