Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jastper

Programmer
Oct 4, 2002
GB
I have a copy of Borland C++ 5.02 installed on my home machine running XP, does anyone know of aany keyboard bugs there are, whenever I use the Backspace key it comes up with an square character and wont delete anything?

Also when I use the Enter key it gives me double lined spacing. Any ideas on how to solve this problem will be gratefull

as I can recall, XP is'nt 100% DOS compatible... My codes look like something a kid wrote
I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about
Somehow I still manage to make it work

mine works pretty good if i run it in Nt compatibility mode

I have Borland 5.02 on a machine with XP and it run just fine.

Joe

try giving yourself full permissions to the bc5 folder that worked for me
i am also having a problem with c++5.02 with xp i get tlink errors because non-administrators can not create the pip file in the root of c:\ (c++ defaults to there and it cant be changed as per borland) i put the file there manually but the program automatically deletes it after you compile i have tried all the different permissions even denying everyone the delete permission but the program still deletes it any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back