Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deak

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Hello Had an Odd situation come up on a PC this weekend. Wondered if anyone has ever seen it or experienced it before. The Screen when booting up is normal all messages are readable. However when I get to the Desktop it Flips sideways. Video is fine & looks great its just sideways by 90 degree's. Any help would be appreciated. I am hopeing there is a keystroke that got hit or something like this maybe. Its A Dell Desktop PC

Hit the ctrl + alt followed by the left or right arrow key. this should chang it.

Comptia A+, Comptia Network +, MCP

Try hitting 'Ctrl+Alt+the Up arrow' and see if this will fix it. If not go to Control Panel >see if there is an icon for Intel Extreme Graphics or whatever your graphics adapter is and click on it >find the Display Settings and adjust the rotation to normal.

Joey
CCNA, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

Wow, that's hilarious! :)
So the entire screen is rotated 90 degrees??

I've never seen that, but I'd check for viruses.
Also, does this happen if you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the video driver have any strange settings like screen rotation?
Monitors let you adjust the display a bit, but not usually that much, but that's always another thing to check (as well as the video cables).

Thanks everyone Thr Control Alt combo appears to have fixed it sorry for late response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back